Monday 26 September 2016

Day 9 - wondering how far to take this

It's hard to know how far to take the no plastic choice. A girl at the Boric food market up the road kindly offered to take the plastic off the wrapped parmesan for me so I could take it home without plastic. I declined, saying it would defeat the purpose. The next time I bought cheese at Farro she told me all the huge cheese blocks came in plastic and asked if I still wanted it. I took a slice wrapped in paper and she wrapped it back up and put it back in the fridge.

It would be almost impossible to avoid the bulk wrapping of items. I'm sure when they are shipped and transported it all comes in plastic at some point. It's actually crazy how unavoidable it is. But I'm not going to worry to much about that. Just avoiding anything I take home with plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment