Monday 5 September 2016

Beginning

I have been thinking about it for a while and today is the day I have chosen to become waste free!
I heard about it about a year ago and it's always in the back of my mind, so I have done a couple of hours worth of research and I'm jumping in the deep end.
The turning point for me was when I left the supermarket one day without any plastic bags to hold my shopping. I was walking out into the carpark while juggling my food and trying to fish my keys out of my bag. I always try and avoid plastic bags where possible. Now with my keys in hand I looked down at the food I was carrying and realised every piece of it was wrapped in plastic, bundled up for convenience, and here I was trying to do better by the world without a plastic carry bag.
Plastic was so engrained into my life I was literally blind to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment